A precision sport where players kick a soccer ball into a cup in as few shots as possible. Its name is a portmanteau of “football” and “golf”, and the game combines the two sports, being more closely related to golf.
The Rules of FootGolf
What are the rules?
- Players must wear golf attire; no cleats allowed. Indoor soccer and tennis shoes are appropriate.
- Your ball must be easy to identify, it is recommended that you bring your own soccer ball as limited rentals balls are available.
- Wait your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind before the kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest.
- Play the ball from where it lies.
FootGolf as a sport is regulated by the Federation for International FootGolf (FIFG). The American FootGolf League (AFGL) is the exclusive member of the FIFG and governing body for the sport in the United States.